Server Side Software Engineer
Synapse Games is committed to building fun, strategically deep, and socially engaging free-to-play games on both mobile and web.
We are a dedicated and efficient team that enjoys making games as much as playing them. We measure our efforts through results rather than hours worked, and value the importance of a work-life/family balance on top of offering competitive pay and benefits. As our portfolio and teams grow, our culture remains built around gaining knowledge through cooperation. From board game nights to role-playing campaigns, we all continue to learn from each other and grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Server Side Software Engineer with Synapse, you will work with PHP, MySQL, Memcached, and Redis among other technologies. You should be smart, eager to learn, an excellent communicator, and very tenacious. We are looking for someone who is willing to accept ownership of the backend game components and work directly with game designers and client-side engineers to implement and maintain new and existing game features. You will be shipping code that impacts millions of players.
- Design and implement server-side gameplay systems and admin tools
- Maintain and develop existing games on a roughly two week release schedule
- Identify and optimize performance problems
- Support game designers with game-play analytics and by building simulation tools
- Participate in code review for deeper understanding
- Strong PHP knowledge and experience
- Understanding of MySQL or equivalent RDBMS design and optimization
- CS fundamentals of OOP, data structures, and algorithm design
- Passionate about developing games
- Driven and self-motivated
- BS or MS degree in CS or equivalent years of education and experience.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Client side game development skills
- Experience using AWS
- Experience with C#, Java, or Go